Thursday, February 5, 2015

What to do when you are done with your first observation

     So I am coming to the end of this semester's practicum hours, I have about 15 total left out of the 55 I started with, and I started thinking last week about how to properly thank the teachers who had let me into their classrooms.

     I have always believed that a hand written card is the best idea for thanking someone, because it isn't done much anymore. I feel that taking the time to actually write someone a card in comparison to just sending an email is just so much more personal.

So, I know what you are probably thinking if you read my last post. Am I really planning to write a thank you card to the teacher that I greatly disliked? Yes, I am, because that is the nice and professional thing to do. It doesn't matter if they were the worst teacher I have ever seen, they opened up the doors of their classroom to me, and allowed me to observe and for that I am grateful, because it is safe to say that I learned something there.

The cards that I chose took longer than I expected. The main teacher that I am observing is a male, and the other teachers I am observing are females, so I had to choose something that wasn't too girly, but I also wanted something that showed my personality.

These are the ones that I chose:

I honestly thought they were adorable. They are from Target an they are only about 4 dollars. I thought that they were perfect because while the envelope is kind of a feminine color, it looks like the square was written in chalk, and the actual card looks like a chalk board, with eraser marks and everything. I think that they are perfect for a teacher. 

I haven't written in them yet because I am not completely done with my practicum, but once I am, I will let you know the response. 


Marisa

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Ad1 -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-7892823362973597"
     data-ad-slot="8585894449"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment